Statistics show that more people own a smartphone (4 billion) than own a toothbrush (3.5 billion). In this episode of our new series on the eight principles of Word on Fire, Bishop Barron discusses how readily available Internet access has made the new media an essential route of evangelization. The listener questions asks how virtue can possibly turn to vice.Topics Discussed
- 0:17 – Introduction, Bishop’s recent trip to Saint Anselm College
- 2:30 – What is the power of the new media?
- 5:19 – Why is the new media effective for evangelization?
- 7:50 – What’s the danger in not using the new media to spread the Gospel?
- 9:30 – What made Fulton Sheen so effective at using the media of his time?
- 16:10 – Why are people feeling less connected and more lonely despite the technology advances?
- 19:35 – How might we cope with internet attacks while sharing the Gospel?
- 25:00 – How do we become more effective at sharing our faith online?
- 26:55 – Question from listener: How can virtue possibly turn into vice?
- DVD/Study Program
- “Surprising Lessons from Ten Million YouTube Views” (Bishop Barron)