Friends, a major theme appearing throughout the teachings of Pope Francis is the danger of technocracy. In his 2015 encyclical, Laudato si’, he coined the term “technocratic paradigm,” using the term five times in the encyclical.
Should we be concerned about our technocratic society, one dominated by tech and science and which, in turn, aims to dominate nature? That’s what I discuss with Brandon Vogt today on “The Word on Fire Show.”
A listener asks, what’s the difference between the Protestant and Catholic understandings of the Church?
- Word on Fire Liturgy of the Hours (Founder’s Discount ends 3/31)
- Bishop Barron at The Heritage Foundation
- Bishop Barron w/ Brett McKay on “Art of Manliness”
- Bishop Barron w/ Alex O’Connor on “Within Reason”
- Laudato si’ by Pope Francis
- Letters from Lake Como: Explorations in Technology and the Human Race by Romano Guardini
- After Humanity: A Guide to C.S. Lewis’s The Abolition of Man by Michael Ward
NOTE: Do you like this podcast? Become a patron and get some great perks for helping, like free books, bonus content, and more. Word on Fire is a non-profit ministry that depends on the support of our listeners…like you! So be part of this mission, and join us today!