Bishop Barron reflects on the basic message of Christianity. Is it merely about justification or our own personal salvation? Or is there much more to it than that?
- 0:35 – Pope Francis and the “kerygma”
- 1:06 – What is the Gospel?
- 3:43 – How would the Church Fathers have defined the Gospel?
- 4:39 – Fitting the story of Jesus into the Great Story of Israel
- 8:44 – How does the Church fit into the kerygma?
- 11:17 – Pope Francis and leading with the kerygma instead of moral commands
- 13:38 – Practical ways we can share the Gospel with friends and family
- 15:34 – The necessity of witnessing to the Gospel
- 15:57 – Who are some models of proclaiming the kerygma?
- 18:31 – How do imagination and beauty serve as gateways to the Gospel?
- 21:36 – What is the Augustinian approach and why does it work well?
- 25:15 – Recommended resources on articulating the Gospel
- Article – What Precisely is the Gospel? (Bishop Barron)
- Video – Bishop Barron on the Meaning of the Gospel
- Videos – Billy Graham sermons
- Recommended Books
- Evangelii Gaudium by Pope Francis
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
- How God Became King: The Forgotten Story of the Gospels by N.T. Wright