Today’s Gospel presents Luke’s version of the famous conversation that the Lord Jesus had with his disciples concerning his identity and mission. Authentic acceptance of Christ’s identity and mission engenders in us a willingness to accept in our own lives the necessity and saving power of the cross.
Christ’s Identity and Mission
Cycle COrdinary TimeWeek 12
by Bishop Robert BarronJune 19, 2016
- What Kind of Person Will You Be?
- Why C.S. Lewis’ ”The Abolition of Man” Still Matters: Forming Souls to See Reality
- Acknowledging an Abyss; Finding a Bridge
- The Heroic and Influential Black Soldier-Saint You’ve Never Heard Of
- A Chapter That Changed My Life: J.R.R. Tolkien’s “On Fairy-stories”
- Arguing, But Never Quarreling: The Odd Couple of Scalia and Ginsburg
- The New Pew Findings, Catholic Teens, and the Idol of Success
- The Shocking Truth: It Is Good That You Exist
- It’s Not the End of the World…Is It?
- The Strangeness of God
- Mary: Why We Need Our Lady of Sorrows in 2020
- Tour de France: Evangelization on Two Wheels
- On Christianity, Tolerance, and the Need to “Coexist”
- Why Mark Galli, Former Editor-in-Chief of “Christianity Today,” Decided to Become Catholic
- Lord, Bless That Person I Hate So Much
- Hugging Anger