Bishop Barron’s talk at the Google headquarters (Googleplex) in Mountain View, CA on March 20, 2018. He addressed a room full of Google and YouTube employees on how religion doesn’t shut down the questing intellect, but in fact opens up our minds, causing us to seek the fulfillment of our deepest longings. These yearnings won’t be satisfied by wealth, pleasure, power, or honor, but only by the God who wired us to be satisfied in him.
Religion and the Opening Up of the Mind (Google Talk)
by Bishop Robert BarronMarch 20, 2018
Subscribe to Bishop Barron's YouTube Channel
- The Abuse Uncovered Should Cause Trembling in the Church
- No God but the Lord Alone
- The God of the “Little Ones”
- We Need Strange Saints
- World Mission Sunday: What It Means and Where We Serve
- “Dead Poets Society” and the Crisis of the Humanities
- When Hating God and the World Seems Reasonable
- Are You Blinded by Cities of Sin?
- Kanye’s “Donda”: Still Christian, Still Meeting Many Where They Are
- St. Luke: A Good Reader, Observer, and Listener
- Horror and Catholicism: Hounds of Hell Show Up for “Midnight Mass”
- Carrying Things to Term: Why Patience Is So Difficult
- John Henry Newman: Patron Saint of Novelists?
- Do You Really Want What God Wants?
- The Moral and Spiritual Purpose of the Law
- 2 Great Books to Complete the Year of St. Joseph