The Church of Jesus Christ is governed, not by popular opinion polls, nor even by the holiness of the saints, but by the strange grace that comes to the successors of St. Peter. Hardly the brightest or holiest of Jesus disciples, Peter was nevertheless the one who saw and understood.
Thou Art Peter
Cycle AOrdinary TimeWeek 21
by Bishop Robert BarronAugust 25, 2002
- Go Behind the Scenes of the Final Two “Pivotal Players“ with Bishop Barron!
- The Civilization of Love in Sts. Louis and Zelié Martin
- St. Benedict and My Slow, Slow Surrender to Heaven
- Hearing the Voice of God
- Missing the Mockingbird’s Dive
- Reclaiming an Art of Dying for the Twenty-First Century
- Becoming Like Who We Worship
- What We Need to Learn from Peterson (and What His Followers Need to Learn From Us)
- Pier Giorgio Frassati: Party Hats and a Love for the Poor
- Boasting in the Cross
- Love Divine All Loves Excelling
- Ignorance Is Bliss?
- On Reclaiming a Lost Patrimony: “My Father Left Me Ireland”
- Mind, Body, and Philosophy: An Interview with Dr. James Madden
- Indulge Your Faith with Reason; Imbue it in Wonder
- A Hole in The Intellectual Dark Web