Friends, in this second video clip from the Clerically Speaking Podcast with Fr. Harrison Ayre and Fr. Anthony Sciarappa, our discussion centers on the theology of the Church, or ecclesiology. I express my concerns regarding the abuse scandal, the phenomenon of disregarding ecumenical councils, and the tendency to downplay the role of evangelism in our ecclesiology. My recommendation for moving forward in our mission is to read closely the documents of Vatican II, and to read them in community and with charity.
Overcoming Extremism in the Church: Clerically Speaking Podcast (Part 2)
by Bishop Robert BarronSeptember 23, 2020
Subscribe to Bishop Barron's YouTube Channel
- Bishop Barron Visits Annapolis – The City’s Catholic History
- Will the Real J.R.R. Tolkien Please Stand Up?
- “It Is Right and Just” Offers Timely Answers and Unaddressed Questions
- Bishop Barron on Why Too Much Power in One Place Is a Bad Thing
- Solidarity Lessons for a Challenging Era
- This Angry, Unkind World Needs “The Year of Saint Joseph”
- Accepting Our Mission from God
- On Sex and Marriage, “Bridgerton” Stumbles Into Catholic Truth
- Ordinary Time: It’s Not Easy Being Green, But We Need It
- Kanye’s Gift: Black Gospel and Catholic Polyphony Together at Last!
- Chesterton and the Vocation of Our Senses
- Bishop Barron on Pope Francis and Our Responsibility for the Common Good
- God Raises Up His Prophets
- Word on Fire Institute: Here’s What’s Coming in 2021
- Learning by Heart with Miss Duffy
- A National Examination of Conscience in a Divisive Time