By now the whole world has heard about comedian Kathy Griffin’s appalling staged-photo of herself holding a mock-up of the bloody, severed head of Donald Trump. But I would like to situate what Griffin did in a wider context, for it is but a particularly brutal example of what is taking place throughout our society, especially on university campuses, namely, a deterioration of rational argument.
Bishop Barron on Kathy Griffin and the Vanishing of Argument
by Bishop Robert BarronJune 15, 2017
Subscribe to Bishop Barron's YouTube Channel
- St. Joseph: Worker, Teacher, and Icon of Jesus
- Bishop Barron on Should Suffering Shake Our Faith?
- Kaplan Interview, Part I: Girard, Scapegoating, and the Antidote to Annihilation
- Getting St. Peter’s Sermon Right
- Club 451: Don’t Burn These Books! Read Them with Word on Fire!
- The Small Red Flame—Hope and Brideshead Revisited
- Join Bishop Barron for Another Reddit AMA!
- ‘8beats’: 8 Blessings for the Spiritually Hungry of Any Background
- Faith, Reason, and Conspiracy Theories
- The Strangeness of the Resurrection and Why It Matters
- A Faith That Grows Through “PANE”
- God’s Existence and the Beginning of the Universe: Part I
- Should Suffering Shake Our Faith?
- “René Girard, Unlikely Apologist”
- Longing As Reality: Lana Del Rey’s “Chemtrails Over the Country Club”
- Critical Realism: John Polkinghorne and How Science Leads to Religion