In this week’s Gospel reading we hear the story of the Prodigal Son. Here, Christ provides a reflection on the nature of love and our relationship with God. God gives us gifts; we must receive them and give them back. Only when we accept grace freely and give it away will we live in a proper relationship with God.
The Prodigal Son
Cycle CLentWeek 4
by Bishop Robert BarronMarch 10, 2013
- Heartbeats of Incarnation: Creativity in Crisis
- Jesus of Nazareth, Breaker of Hearts
- Video Games and the Hero’s Narrative
- Zechariah and the New David
- Should My Son Be a Father?
- Why Icons Should Be Part of Catholic Catechetics
- Joel Clarkson and the Importance of Human Creativity to Faith
- How Does a Christian Respond in Time of Social Crisis?
- Why “What are the Bishops Doing About it?” is the Wrong Question
- Elisha and the Shunemite Woman
- Radical Conformity: The Wild Faith of John the Baptist
- Laughter Is a Leap: “Space Force” Can’t Get Off the Ground
- Saints John Fisher and Thomas More: Men for All Seasons
- Heart of Jesus, Holy Temple of God
- Christ’s Fire and the Revolution of the Heart
- 5 Practical Suggestions for Aspiring Christian Writers