I’ve always loved the prophet Jeremiah, and not just as a literary/spiritual figure, but as a person. He was known as the “weeping prophet” and his nickname was “terror on every side.” Against that background, we listen to him in our reading for today and gain encouragement as we evangelize through struggle.
Jeremiah and the Word of God
Cycle AOrdinary TimeWeek 22
by Bishop Robert BarronSeptember 3, 2017
- On Mark Galli and Why Evangelicals Become Catholic
- Beauty and Substance: A Reflection on the Anniversary of “Evangelization & Culture”
- What I Learned From Chadwick Boseman
- What Kind of Person Will You Be?
- Why C.S. Lewis’ ”The Abolition of Man” Still Matters: Forming Souls to See Reality
- Acknowledging an Abyss; Finding a Bridge
- The Heroic and Influential Black Soldier-Saint You’ve Never Heard Of
- A Chapter That Changed My Life: J.R.R. Tolkien’s “On Fairy-stories”
- Arguing, But Never Quarreling: The Odd Couple of Scalia and Ginsburg
- The New Pew Findings, Catholic Teens, and the Idol of Success
- The Shocking Truth: It Is Good That You Exist
- It’s Not the End of the World…Is It?
- The Strangeness of God
- Mary: Why We Need Our Lady of Sorrows in 2020
- Tour de France: Evangelization on Two Wheels
- On Christianity, Tolerance, and the Need to “Coexist”