We have been taking the past few episodes of the show to discuss each of the great men and women featured in Word on Fire’s epic new film series, CATHOLICISM: The Pivotal Players. Today we’re focusing on a pivotal player of our own time, Blessed Teresa of Calcutta. Globally recognized as Mother Theresa, this diminutive Albanian nun was widely considered the greatest living saint during the latter half of the 20th century. Now, nineteen years after her death, she will be officially canonized, “Saint Teresa of Calcutta” by Pope Francis. In this episode Bishop Barron discusses her life, her faith, and why, according to Fr. Paul Murray, she’s a saint who “loved Jesus in the night.” Our listener question wonders how it’s possible to unite our suffering with Jesus on the cross.
Click on www.PivotalPlayers.com to get your copy of this film series right now!
- 0:18 – Bishop Barron’s Pivotal Players Premier
- 1:10 – Bishop Barron’s friend, Father Paul Murray
- 3:29 – Who is Mother Teresa?
- 9:00 – How does Mother Teresa represent all the best of Catholicism?
- 11:05 – What was Mother Teresa’s connection to the Eucharist?
- 12:5o – How do we explain Mother Teresa’s “dark night of the soul”?
- 18:25 – Bishop Barron explains his experience in Calcutta
- 21:29 – How is Mother Teresa a spiritual master?
- 21:03 -Listener Question: How can we offer up our suffering?
- Calendar and Prayer Cards
- Pivotal Players Calendar (Bishop Barron)
- Pivotal Players Prayer Cards (Bishop Barron)
- Praying with the Pivotal Players (Bishop Barron)
- I loved Jesus in the Night: Teresa of Calcutta- A Secret Revealed (Father Paul Murray)
- Study Guides
- CATHOLICISM: The Pivotal Players – Leader’s Guide (Bishop Barron)
- CATHOLICISM: The Pivotal Players – Study Guide (Bishop Barron)
- CATHOLICISM: The Pivotal Players – Leaders Kit (Bishop Barron)
- CATHOLICISM: The Pivotal Players (Bishop Barron)