Friends, I took a few minutes today to reflect on my fifth anniversary as a bishop. I’m just so grateful to God for all the opportunities in the past few years, especially the tremendous honor of serving the good people of my Santa Barbara pastoral region in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. I’m also grateful for events such as the World Meeting of Families, the Eucharistic Conference in the Philippines, the Jubilee for priests, the Youth Synod in Rome, and much more. At Word on Fire, we launched the Word on Fire Institute and “The Word on Fire Show,” the “Mass” and “Sacraments” study programs, and finished the “Pivotal Players” filming. I’m thankful for everyone who’s watched and shared our material, and for everyone who continues to support us in our ministry. May God bless you all!
Bishop Barron on His Fifth Episcopal Anniversary
by Bishop Robert BarronSeptember 8, 2020
Subscribe to Bishop Barron's YouTube Channel
- Bishop Barron Visits Annapolis – The City’s Catholic History
- Will the Real J.R.R. Tolkien Please Stand Up?
- “It Is Right and Just” Offers Timely Answers and Unaddressed Questions
- Bishop Barron on Why Too Much Power in One Place Is a Bad Thing
- Solidarity Lessons for a Challenging Era
- This Angry, Unkind World Needs “The Year of Saint Joseph”
- Accepting Our Mission from God
- On Sex and Marriage, “Bridgerton” Stumbles Into Catholic Truth
- Ordinary Time: It’s Not Easy Being Green, But We Need It
- Kanye’s Gift: Black Gospel and Catholic Polyphony Together at Last!
- Chesterton and the Vocation of Our Senses
- Bishop Barron on Pope Francis and Our Responsibility for the Common Good
- God Raises Up His Prophets
- Word on Fire Institute: Here’s What’s Coming in 2021
- Learning by Heart with Miss Duffy
- A National Examination of Conscience in a Divisive Time