In a recent viral YouTube video, pop-scientist Bill Nye denigrated the discipline of philosophy, stating that it never deviates from common sense, that it doubts the reality of sense experience, and that it engages in speculation about whether we might be part of an intergalactic ping pong match. But while we may listen to Bill Nye as he leads us through an experiment, we should ignore his misguided reflections in regard to the higher questions of life.
Bishop Barron on Bill Nye and Philosophy
by Bishop Robert BarronApril 28, 2016
Subscribe to Bishop Barron's YouTube Channel
- Tianna Williams: Leading with Beauty and Trusting in God
- Mr. Manna: In Praise of Demanding Teachers
- Accepting the Most Royal of Invitations: To Suffer
- Stealth Evangelization Through Music and Beauty
- Between Indifferentism and Tribalism
- 5 Ways Saint John Henry Newman Can Help You Through This Year
- On Going through Hell
- “We Lepers”: The Mimetic Saint
- In a World of Miracles, We Can’t Look Away from Ourselves
- On Education: 3 Counsels from My Little Plato
- Isaiah and God’s Holy Mountain
- Four Principles for Catholics during Election Season
- “The Social Dilemma” and the Silent Carthusians
- How Strong is the “STRONGEST Argument Against Catholicism”?
- “Pray”: The Story of Father Patrick Peyton
- The Word on Fire Institute: Two Years and Counting!