The fourth and final Isaian image for this Advent season is the most powerful and the most mysterious: the virgin shall be with child. Never underestimate what God can do. As the angel said to Mary, “nothing is impossible with God.” Even from our emptiness, God can bring forth salvation.
The Virgin Shall Be With Child
Cycle AAdventWeek 4
by Bishop Robert BarronDecember 19, 2004
- Read Until Your Eyes Hurt!
- Faith When You’re Frustrated with God
- Beauty Will Save the World—But How? Part VI: Liturgical Participation (Conclusion)
- How Blaise Pascal Helped Me Through the “Suscipe” of St. Ignatius
- The Pursuit of Healing: Can Our Traumas Be Transcended Through Time?
- This Summer, Make Your Bed Every Morning
- The Encouraging Anger of the Atheist
- Why Is Life So Full of Suffering?
- Beauty Will Save the World—But How? Part V: Liturgical Iconography
- The Problem of Divine Hiddenness with Dr. Travis Dumsday
- Breaking Out of the Prison of Self-Invention
- Salir de la Prisión de la Autoinvención
- The Sacred Heart: Catholics Have a Personal Savior Too
- Resisting the Great Christian Adventure
- Come Back to Mass!
- The Wise Mentors and Why You and I Need Them