Last week, I spoke of preparing for the coming of the Lord using the great image from the second chapter of Isaiah: the Lord’s holy mountain. How do we make this mountain the highest mountain? On this second Sunday of Advent, I want to follow the Church as she invites us to look at another chapter of Isaiah—namely, the magnificent eleventh chapter, which describes the world that emerges at the coming of the Messiah.
The Messiah’s Work
Cycle AAdventWeek 2
by Bishop Robert BarronDecember 8, 2019
- The All-New Issue of the Evangelization & Culture Journal!
- To Jesus Through Mary? Why Yes, and T’was Ever Thus!
- Richard Dawkins’ Philosophical Offenses: A Review of “Outgrowing God”
- “The Crown” and the Primacy of Grace
- Bishop Barron’s USCCB Talk and the “Dark Knight” Trilogy
- As I Am, Before God: Mr. Rogers’ Living Philosophy
- Bishop Barron on Advent and God’s Holy Mountain
- Happy Thanksgiving from Word on Fire!
- Getting the House in Order
- Prayers and Thoughts
- Scorsese, Marvel, and “Lawrence of Arabia”
- On Duty
- Bishop Barron’s Top 10 Homilies on Christ the King
- A Time to Keep Silence, and a Time to Speak
- “Bishop Barron Presents” with Dr. Arthur Brooks Tomorrow!
- March in the Army of the True King