Our Gospel for this week is of the utmost importance, for we hear the Son of God himself teaching us to pray. In this homily, I walk rather carefully through the major petitions of the Our Father, noting how central this prayer is to Christian life and spirituality.
The Lord’s Prayer
Cycle COrdinary TimeWeek 17
by Bishop Robert BarronJuly 29, 2007
- How Blaise Pascal Helped Me Through the “Suscipe” of St. Ignatius
- The Pursuit of Healing: Can Our Traumas Be Transcended Through Time?
- This Summer, Make Your Bed Every Morning
- The Encouraging Anger of the Atheist
- Why Is Life So Full of Suffering?
- Beauty Will Save the World—But How? Part V: Liturgical Iconography
- The Problem of Divine Hiddenness with Dr. Travis Dumsday
- Breaking Out of the Prison of Self-Invention
- Salir de la Prisión de la Autoinvención
- The Sacred Heart: Catholics Have a Personal Savior Too
- Resisting the Great Christian Adventure
- Come Back to Mass!
- The Wise Mentors and Why You and I Need Them
- The Last King Standing
- ¡Vuelve a la Misa!
- Beauty Will Save the World—But How? Part IV: Liturgical Music