The new wine that Jesus speaks of is the Gospel itself, the Good News that God has joined our human condition. In order to take in such a message and to conform our lives to it, we must expand. If we remain in the narrow confines of the old self, we won’t be able to handle the richness and fullness of the Gospel message. So change! Conform yourself to the love that Christ is. Become like new wineskins.
New Wine and New Wineskins
Cycle BOrdinary TimeWeek 8
by Bishop Robert BarronFebruary 26, 2006
- What Kind of Person Will You Be?
- Why C.S. Lewis’ ”The Abolition of Man” Still Matters: Forming Souls to See Reality
- Acknowledging an Abyss; Finding a Bridge
- The Heroic and Influential Black Soldier-Saint You’ve Never Heard Of
- A Chapter That Changed My Life: J.R.R. Tolkien’s “On Fairy-stories”
- Arguing, But Never Quarreling: The Odd Couple of Scalia and Ginsburg
- The New Pew Findings, Catholic Teens, and the Idol of Success
- The Shocking Truth: It Is Good That You Exist
- It’s Not the End of the World…Is It?
- The Strangeness of God
- Mary: Why We Need Our Lady of Sorrows in 2020
- Tour de France: Evangelization on Two Wheels
- On Christianity, Tolerance, and the Need to “Coexist”
- Why Mark Galli, Former Editor-in-Chief of “Christianity Today,” Decided to Become Catholic
- Lord, Bless That Person I Hate So Much
- Hugging Anger