The magnificent hymn in the Letter to the Philippians reveals that at the heart of the Gospel is the mystery that the Lord Jesus did not grasp or cling to the prerogatives that properly belonged to him as God, but emptied his divine glory into our humanity so that we might share in his divine life.
Let Go Rather than Grasp
Cycle AOrdinary TimeWeek 26
by Bishop Robert BarronSeptember 25, 2011
- Announcing the New Word on Fire Institute Journal, “Evangelization & Culture”!
- Living Within a Formed Catholic Conscience Is Not for Wimps
- Bishop Barron on George Will’s “The Conservative Sensibility”
- “The Rapper in Black”: Why NF Is Taking the Music World by Storm
- The Narrow Gate
- How Religion Supports Science, But Atheism Doesn’t
- New Course Featuring Leah Libresco Sargeant! “Christian Community as Leaven for the World”
- Five Rules for Theology Teachers
- Do Not Be Afraid: Use Your Catholic Imagination
- What I Learned a Half-Mile Under the Earth
- Fate of the Prophet
- Is Christianity a Religion or a Relationship?
- Spiritual Deafness
- Benedicta a Cruce
- Bishop Barron on “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”
- The Quality of Evangelism and Preaching Does Not Depend Upon a Pulpit