This week’s reading from the Gospel of Luke shows us that our encounter with Christ is an invasion of grace and that we must be ready to welcome that grace and go out into the depths, and ascend to the heights, at its calling.
Duc In Altum!
Cycle COrdinary TimeWeek 5
by Bishop Robert BarronFebruary 7, 2016
- The Shocking Truth: It Is Good That You Exist
- It’s Not the End of the World…Is It?
- The Strangeness of God
- Mary: Why We Need Our Lady of Sorrows in 2020
- Tour de France: Evangelization on Two Wheels
- On Christianity, Tolerance, and the Need to “Coexist”
- Why Mark Galli, Former Editor-in-Chief of “Christianity Today,” Decided to Become Catholic
- Lord, Bless That Person I Hate So Much
- Hugging Anger
- Kanye’s Theological Argument with His Catholic Friend
- You’re Meant to Be an Eagle, Not a Chicken: A Reflection on Baptism
- Four (More) Reasons I Love Being a Dad
- A Chapter that Changed My Life: “Love and Responsibility”
- God Is Immanent—and You Get to Be His Tabernacle
- A Sick Dog and a Lesson in Communion of All Types
- Correcting a Brother