Many people have written to us, asking for resources and commentary from Bishop Barron on the recent sexual abuse scandals involving Archbishop McCarrick, the Pennsylvania grand jury report, and the recent reports from Archbishop Viganò.
Here are the most recent resources he’s produced on the Church’s sex abuse scandals:
Here are four other resources he’s produced on the Church’s sex abuse scandals over the years:
In addition, the Word on Fire Blog has featured over a dozen reflections on the current crisis:
- Catholics: The Hard Slog of Sanctity Starts Here
- Sanctity or Scandal: An Interview with Fr. Steve Grunow
- Mary: Our Hope in Scandal
- Can the Crisis in the Church Lead Us to Something Wonderful?
- Admist Our Apocalpse, Advent Asks Us to Stay
- Digging my Heals into Light: Why I Won’t Leave the Church
- A Song for the Suffering Body of Christ
- The Imitation of Christ’s Anger
- Praying in Crisis: The Sorrowful Mysteries of This Moment
- The Church and Clergy in Crisis: 7 Practical First Steps We Must Take
- How to Restore a Church in Scandal? Begin with a Collective Confession
- McCarrick, Mary, and Mystery: Seeking Truth in the Moment
Finally, here are some other resources we recommend, which provide light and hope during this dark period:
- Joseph Ratzinger’s “Way of the Cross” meditations and prayers (given in 2005 at the Colosseum in Rome)
- Hours of Eucharistic Adoration in Reparation
- Prayer of Reparation
- Meditation on Reparation and Divine Intimacy
- A Holy Hour of Reparation
Together let’s pray for the victims and the entire Body of Christ.