Jesus boldly proclaimed, “I am the way, the truth, and the life”. In order to be His disciple, one must make Jesus Christ the foundation of life and proclaim His Lordship in every area of life. Much like the rose window in Chartres Cathedral, a well ordered soul revolves around the great center, which is Christ. In this episode, Bishop Robert Barron begins a series called The Eight Principles of the Word on Fire Ethos with this key principle, namely, “Christocentrism”. Bishop explains how we go about making Christ the priority of our lives, and why we must know who Jesus is in order to do so. The listener questions asks why the Sacred Heart of Jesus is so important in Christian devotion.Topics Discussed
- 0:17 – Introduction, Bishop’s recent trip to Mundelein Seminary.
- 2:00 – What is Christocentrism?
- 5:53 – Is it possible to be too obsessed with Jesus?
- 7:20 – Why is it important not to domesticate the real Jesus?
- 8:45 – How should we read the difficult truths Jesus spoke?
- 10:45 – How do we make Jesus the center of our lives?
- 15:22 – Question from listener: Why is the Sacred Heart of Jesus is so important in Christian devotion?
- Study Program