How did God use a little-known seminary professor to launch a worldwide evangelization ministry? Bishop Barron shares the story behind his Word on Fire ministry, including the many twists and turns along the way. A Protestant listener who is interested in Catholicism asks for some good book recommendations.
- 1:14 – Bishop Barron’s education at CUA and the Institut Catholique de Paris
- 5:00 – Cardinal George’s influence on Word on Fire
- 6:39 – How do we “evangelize the culture”?
- 8:13 – Early homilies on the radio and Internet
- 10:19 – Bishop Barron posts first video on YouTube
- 13:38 – Reaching people online who would never enter a church
- 16:32 – Where did the idea for the CATHOLICISM series come from?
- 21:31 – How the CATHOLICISM series aired on PBS
- 23:22 – The new follow-up film series, CATHOLICISM: The Pivotal Players
- 25:28 – The influence of Mother Angelica on Bishop Barron’s work
- 27:50 – Question from listener: what are some good books for someone curious about Catholicism?