In last week’s episode, we discussed the Jordan Peterson phenomenon, wondering how the Canadian clinical psychologist exploded so quickly in popularity. In this week’s episode, we continue the discussion as Bishop Barron reflects on Peterson’s religious views and Biblical interpretation. A listener wonders why we spend so much money on churches instead of giving it to the poor.
BONUS: Learn more about the first ever Word on Fire National Conference for Priests
- 0:04 – Introduction, Bishop Barron’s upcoming travels
- 3:10 – What does Bishop Barron like about Jordan Peterson’s religious perspectives?
- 5:00 – What issues does he take with Peterson’s work?
- 10:45 – What are Jordan Peterson’s religious views?
- 16:00 – What does Jordan Peterson believe about the Resurrection and what is Bishop Barron’s reaction?
- 20:00 – What is the connection between C.S. Lewis and Jordan Peterson?
- 25:20 – What can Christian evangelists learn from Jordan Peterson?
- 28:30 – Listener question: How can the Church spend so much money on building fancy churches when there are so many poor people in need?