While helping me with a tech problem, Word on Fire content director, Brandon Vogt, described modern internet processing as analogous to the Church’s intercessory prayer with the communion of saints. With this comparison in mind, here is a little reflection on prayer and the ‘communio sanctorum’.
Bishop Barron on Satellites and Praying to the Saints
by Bishop Robert BarronNovember 17, 2016
Subscribe to Bishop Barron's YouTube Channel
- St. Joseph: Worker, Teacher, and Icon of Jesus
- Bishop Barron on Should Suffering Shake Our Faith?
- Kaplan Interview, Part I: Girard, Scapegoating, and the Antidote to Annihilation
- Getting St. Peter’s Sermon Right
- Club 451: Don’t Burn These Books! Read Them with Word on Fire!
- The Small Red Flame—Hope and Brideshead Revisited
- Join Bishop Barron for Another Reddit AMA!
- ‘8beats’: 8 Blessings for the Spiritually Hungry of Any Background
- Faith, Reason, and Conspiracy Theories
- The Strangeness of the Resurrection and Why It Matters
- A Faith That Grows Through “PANE”
- God’s Existence and the Beginning of the Universe: Part I
- Should Suffering Shake Our Faith?
- “René Girard, Unlikely Apologist”
- Longing As Reality: Lana Del Rey’s “Chemtrails Over the Country Club”
- Critical Realism: John Polkinghorne and How Science Leads to Religion