The Lord Jesus is not speaking metaphorically about eating his flesh and drinking his blood – he has come to make of his own Body and Blood real food and drink. This revelation was and continues to be a stumbling block for many, but the faithful accept the mystery of the gift of Christ’s Real Presence that is given to the Church in the Blessed Sacrament.
Really, Truly, and Substantially Present
Cycle BOrdinary TimeWeek 21
by Bishop Robert BarronAugust 26, 2012
- Foundations Once Destroyed: The Importance of Principle in “Mansfield Park”
- “Corpus Christi”: A Fake Priest’s Christlike Effect on a Small Town
- Bishop Barron on Praying at the Tomb of St. Paul
- And Suddenly, You’ve Stopped Praying!
- Be Holy
- What Is Synodality?
- How the Life of Faith Can Support Your Mental Health (Part 1)
- ¿Qué es la sinodalidad?
- Centered on Christ: A Spirituality of Evangelization
- In Pursuit of Happiness: An Aristotelian Appreciation of Jane Austen
- Jesus’ Great Challenge: “Show Me Who You Are!”
- Bishop Barron on Spending Time with His Spiritual Father
- LaBeouf and Gottsagan: “The Peanut Butter Falcon” and a God Who Speaks
- Choosing to Keep the Commandments
- “Decision Becomes Identity”: Finding Our Mission within Lent
- The Ratzingerian Constants and the Maintenance of Harmony in the Church