As we return to the regular cycle of readings in Ordinary Time, we meet with a bracing spiritual teaching from the Lord Jesus. No matter who is threatening you, who is thundering denunciation, who is coming at you with furious intensity: don’t be afraid! Why? Because in Jesus Christ, you are connected to the very power of God, to that which is here and now creating the universe.
Prioritizing Our Fears
Cycle AOrdinary TimeWeek 12
by Bishop Robert BarronJune 25, 2017
- St. Joseph: Worker, Teacher, and Icon of Jesus
- Bishop Barron on Should Suffering Shake Our Faith?
- Kaplan Interview, Part I: Girard, Scapegoating, and the Antidote to Annihilation
- Getting St. Peter’s Sermon Right
- Club 451: Don’t Burn These Books! Read Them with Word on Fire!
- The Small Red Flame—Hope and Brideshead Revisited
- Join Bishop Barron for Another Reddit AMA!
- ‘8beats’: 8 Blessings for the Spiritually Hungry of Any Background
- Faith, Reason, and Conspiracy Theories
- The Strangeness of the Resurrection and Why It Matters
- A Faith That Grows Through “PANE”
- God’s Existence and the Beginning of the Universe: Part I
- Should Suffering Shake Our Faith?
- “René Girard, Unlikely Apologist”
- Longing As Reality: Lana Del Rey’s “Chemtrails Over the Country Club”
- Critical Realism: John Polkinghorne and How Science Leads to Religion