As we return to the regular cycle of readings in Ordinary Time, we meet with a bracing spiritual teaching from the Lord Jesus. No matter who is threatening you, who is thundering denunciation, who is coming at you with furious intensity: don’t be afraid! Why? Because in Jesus Christ, you are connected to the very power of God, to that which is here and now creating the universe.
Prioritizing Our Fears
Cycle AOrdinary TimeWeek 12
by Bishop Robert BarronJune 25, 2017
- The God of the “Little Ones”
- We Need Strange Saints
- World Mission Sunday: What It Means and Where We Serve
- “Dead Poets Society” and the Crisis of the Humanities
- When Hating God and the World Seems Reasonable
- Are You Blinded by Cities of Sin?
- Kanye’s “Donda”: Still Christian, Still Meeting Many Where They Are
- St. Luke: A Good Reader, Observer, and Listener
- Horror and Catholicism: Hounds of Hell Show Up for “Midnight Mass”
- Carrying Things to Term: Why Patience Is So Difficult
- John Henry Newman: Patron Saint of Novelists?
- Do You Really Want What God Wants?
- The Moral and Spiritual Purpose of the Law
- 2 Great Books to Complete the Year of St. Joseph
- Passing on the Faith Through Storytelling
- Marshall McLuhan and Pope Francis Call for Dialogue Over Hate