Our magnificent first reading is a short passage from the beginning of the twelfth chapter of the book of Genesis. We see that at this point in the creation story jealousy, rivalry, anger, murder, imperialism, arrogance, drunkenness, indeed a wickedness has spread over the entire face of the earth. So what does God do? He sends a rescue operation! The rescue operation is going to come in the form of a people trained to listen again to the voice of the Lord. During this season of Lent we must also become a people trained to listen so as to be rescued by the Resurrection.
Cycle ALentWeek 2
by Bishop Robert BarronMarch 12, 2017
- “Dracula”: A Bland Betrayal of Vampire Lore
- In the Land of Zebulon and Naphtali
- Homely Holiness
- Atheism and the Problem of Beauty
- That Sin, Again?
- Why Did Jesus So Often Feel a Need for Secrecy?
- Your Story and Mine: Why Everyone Should Read Classic Literature
- It Is Too Little for You to Be My Servant
- “This Is the Way”: The Mandalorian’s Growth in Charity
- “1917” and Remembering Who We Are
- Here’s What’s Coming in 2020 in the Word on Fire Institute!
- The Gift of Baptism and Our Search for Meaning
- In the Midst of Miracle, Christ Jesus Asks Us an Important Question
- Why the World’s Most Popular YouTuber Hates Twitter
- Vitae Spiritualis Ianua
- Ends that Justify the Means