This Sunday is New Year’s Day, in the liturgical sense of the term. With the first Sunday of Advent, we commence the liturgical year of 2019. And New Year’s day is always a good time for resolutions, taking stock, starting over again. I want to interpret our Gospel for this Sunday, which portrays Jesus is full apocalyptic mode, in that spirit.
A New Fixed Star
Cycle CAdventWeek 1
by Bishop Robert BarronDecember 2, 2018
- “The Chosen” Just Gets Better and Better!
- Why I Hate John Lennon’s “Imagine”
- Friendship: It’s Essential to the Heavenly Life
- Test Press Release
- The Evangelization of Snacks and Common Witness
- Finding Lasting Happiness
- Bishop Barron Presents Jennifer Ratner-Rosenhagen: Conversations at the Crossroads
- Kids Still Say the Darndest Things: One-Act Plays
- Making Visible the Faith: From Poland to America
- “Ted Lasso” Returns: A Funny, Kind Balm for Humanity
- Will the Real St. Mary Magdalene Please Stand Up?
- Just Do It: Go to Mass On Sundays
- What You Need to Know about the Catholic Mass
- The Claim of Christianity: Did Jesus Really Exist?
- Practice, Patience, Prayer: Lessons in Evangelization from the Parables
- The Mysterious Benedict Society: A Subversive Tale for the Times