Friends, I fear that as our culture lurches away from the authority of the good and falls toward the supremacy of the individual will, we put ourselves in a rather parlous condition. The door opens for totalitarianism when we no longer make distinctions between truth and falsity.
The Threat of Totalitarianism
by Bishop Robert BarronSeptember 9, 2021
Subscribe to Bishop Barron's YouTube Channel
- Giver of Wisdom and Wonder: 5 Lessons from Peter Kreeft
- Advent Is Not Christmas, but Christ’s Arrival Is at Its Center
- Agape Love: The Argument from Johnny Cash
- Happy Thanksgiving from Word on Fire!
- “Fiddler on the Roof” Fifty Years Later: A Fresh Take on Tradition
- Look Back, Look Around, Look Forward
- The Steadying Hand of Experience
- Three Comings of Christ Prepare Us for Advent
- Jackie Kennedy’s Veil and the Weight of Apocalypse
- What the Catholic Church Is Not, in Four Words
- “Shang-Chi” Presents the Strength of Peace and Self-Gift
- Harrison Lemke and the Humanity of Art
- Is Jesus the King of Your Life?
- From Gundam to God: Tyler McNabb and Reformed Epistemology
- The Heroic Face of the Innocents
- Humanity Going Meta to Become All About Itself