The beginning of St. Mark’s Gospel contains, in a sense, the whole Gospel message. It expresses the euangelion, the good news of Christ the King, whose victory over death brings salvation to God’s people. Everyone is invited to come under the reign of this newborn king.
Mark’s Gospel and the Victory of God
by Bishop Robert BarronDecember 12, 2014
Subscribe to Bishop Barron's YouTube Channel
- The Transfiguration: Divine Light and Holy Darkness
- Where to Go When You Cannot Go On
- Loki: Moving from Self-Love to Self-Gift
- Our Judgment on Simone Biles
- Take a Walk and Prayers to the Graveyard
- “The Chosen” Just Gets Better and Better!
- Why I Hate John Lennon’s “Imagine”
- Friendship: It’s Essential to the Heavenly Life
- Test Press Release
- The Evangelization of Snacks and Common Witness
- Finding Lasting Happiness
- Bishop Barron Presents Jennifer Ratner-Rosenhagen: Conversations at the Crossroads
- Kids Still Say the Darndest Things: One-Act Plays
- Making Visible the Faith: From Poland to America
- “Ted Lasso” Returns: A Funny, Kind Balm for Humanity
- Will the Real St. Mary Magdalene Please Stand Up?