The ISIS terrorist group recently released a brutal video titled “A Message in Blood to the Nation of the Cross.” Up and down the centuries, tyrants and their lackeys have thought that they could wipe out the followers of Jesus through acts of violence. But as Tertullian observed long ago, the blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church.
ISIS and the Cross
by Bishop Robert BarronMarch 20, 2015
Subscribe to Bishop Barron's YouTube Channel
- Agape Love: The Argument from Johnny Cash
- Happy Thanksgiving from Word on Fire!
- “Fiddler on the Roof” Fifty Years Later: A Fresh Take on Tradition
- Look Back, Look Around, Look Forward
- The Steadying Hand of Experience
- Three Comings of Christ Prepare Us for Advent
- Jackie Kennedy’s Veil and the Weight of Apocalypse
- What the Catholic Church Is Not, in Four Words
- “Shang-Chi” Presents the Strength of Peace and Self-Gift
- Harrison Lemke and the Humanity of Art
- Is Jesus the King of Your Life?
- From Gundam to God: Tyler McNabb and Reformed Epistemology
- The Heroic Face of the Innocents
- Humanity Going Meta to Become All About Itself
- Saint Martin of Tours’ Stunning Encounter
- The Proper Telling of History