Friends, we must break free of the prison of our own subjectivity, from which we have little choice but to hurl invective at one another. We have to get beyond the valorization of our own feelings and ideas and enter into a journey of exploration together. But this requires that we first recognize the objectivity of truth and moral values.
Breaking Out of the Prison of Self-Invention
by Bishop Robert BarronJuly 8, 2021
Subscribe to Bishop Barron's YouTube Channel
- “The Chosen” Just Gets Better and Better!
- Why I Hate John Lennon’s “Imagine”
- Friendship: It’s Essential to the Heavenly Life
- Test Press Release
- The Evangelization of Snacks and Common Witness
- Finding Lasting Happiness
- Bishop Barron Presents Jennifer Ratner-Rosenhagen: Conversations at the Crossroads
- Kids Still Say the Darndest Things: One-Act Plays
- Making Visible the Faith: From Poland to America
- “Ted Lasso” Returns: A Funny, Kind Balm for Humanity
- Will the Real St. Mary Magdalene Please Stand Up?
- Just Do It: Go to Mass On Sundays
- What You Need to Know about the Catholic Mass
- The Claim of Christianity: Did Jesus Really Exist?
- Practice, Patience, Prayer: Lessons in Evangelization from the Parables
- The Mysterious Benedict Society: A Subversive Tale for the Times