Friends, it was my privilege to speak with the students at Kenrick-Glennon Seminary in St. Louis. I gave a short talk about the importance of academic formation for parish priests, and why we shouldn’t drive a wedge between the intellectual and pastoral aspects of caring for souls. We then enjoyed almost an hour of Q&A, where we discussed:
– The four pillars of seminary formation
– The indispensability of a steadfast prayer life
– Whether our culture is more like paganism or Christendom
– How to deeply explore Scripture through preaching
– Turning people in the pews into missionaries
– And many other topics!