You’ve likely heard about the absurd reaction of the National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL) to the lighthearted Super Bowl commercial produced to advertise Doritos. NARAL’s objection brings to light an ancient and enduring philosophical position that goes by the name of voluntarism, a belief that has led to a distortion of speech and the unchaining of some pretty dark forces.
Bishop Barron on The Doritos Commercial
by Bishop Robert BarronMarch 10, 2016
Subscribe to Bishop Barron's YouTube Channel
- “The Chosen” Just Gets Better and Better!
- Why I Hate John Lennon’s “Imagine”
- Friendship: It’s Essential to the Heavenly Life
- Test Press Release
- The Evangelization of Snacks and Common Witness
- Finding Lasting Happiness
- Bishop Barron Presents Jennifer Ratner-Rosenhagen: Conversations at the Crossroads
- Kids Still Say the Darndest Things: One-Act Plays
- Making Visible the Faith: From Poland to America
- “Ted Lasso” Returns: A Funny, Kind Balm for Humanity
- Will the Real St. Mary Magdalene Please Stand Up?
- Just Do It: Go to Mass On Sundays
- What You Need to Know about the Catholic Mass
- The Claim of Christianity: Did Jesus Really Exist?
- Practice, Patience, Prayer: Lessons in Evangelization from the Parables
- The Mysterious Benedict Society: A Subversive Tale for the Times