When I saw the coming attractions for the new film “Risen”—which deals with a Roman tribune searching for the body of Jesus after reports of the resurrection—I thought that it would leave the audience in suspense, intrigued but unsure whether these reports were justified or not. I was surprised and delighted to discover that the movie is, in fact, robustly Christian and substantially faithful to the Biblical account of what transpired after the death of Jesus.
Bishop Barron on “Risen”
by Bishop Robert BarronMarch 31, 2016Spoiler Alert
Subscribe to Bishop Barron's YouTube Channel
- Why We Need Solitude
- Go Behind the Scenes of the Final Two “Pivotal Players“ with Bishop Barron!
- The Civilization of Love in Sts. Louis and Zelié Martin
- St. Benedict and My Slow, Slow Surrender to Heaven
- Hearing the Voice of God
- Missing the Mockingbird’s Dive
- Reclaiming an Art of Dying for the Twenty-First Century
- Becoming Like Who We Worship
- What We Need to Learn from Peterson (and What His Followers Need to Learn From Us)
- Pier Giorgio Frassati: Party Hats and a Love for the Poor
- Boasting in the Cross
- Love Divine All Loves Excelling
- Ignorance Is Bliss?
- On Reclaiming a Lost Patrimony: “My Father Left Me Ireland”
- Mind, Body, and Philosophy: An Interview with Dr. James Madden
- Indulge Your Faith with Reason; Imbue it in Wonder