CATHOLICISM - Study Guide
To order this workbook from the United Kingdom, please visit our Europe Store.
Journey around the world and deep into the Faith.
Bishop Robert Barron created the groundbreaking CATHOLICISM Adult Study Program as a thematic presentation of what Catholics believe and why, so all adults can come to a deeper understanding of the Catholic Faith. Not a video lecture, Church history, or scripture study, this engaging and interesting formational program uses the art, architecture, literature, music, and all the treasures of the Catholic Tradition to illuminate the timeless teachings of the Church.
This study guide and workbook takes each student of CATHOLICISM deeper into the Faith and into the DVD series (DVD set sold separately). It is appropriate for individual or group study. The CATHOLICISM Study Guide and Workbook contains ten lessons, which correspond to each episode of Bishop Barron’s DVD series:
1. Amazed and Afraid: The Revelation of God Become Man
2. Happy Are We: The Teachings of Jesus
3. The Ineffable Mystery of God: That Than Which Nothing Greater Can Be Thought
4. Our Tainted Nature’s Solitary Boast: Mary, the Mother of God
5. The Indispensable Men: Peter, Paul and the Missionary Adventure
6. A Body Both Suffering and Glorious: The Mystical Union of Christ and the Church
7. Word Made Flesh, True Bread of Heaven: The Mystery of the Church’s Sacraments and Worship
8. A Vast Company of Witnesses: The Communion of Saints
9. The Fire of His Love: Prayer and the Life of the Spirit
10. World Without End: The Last Things
Each study guide lesson provides an extensive commentary on the theological content of each episode, plus “Questions for Understanding” and “Questions for Application.” The “Questions for Understanding” incorporate references from scripture and from the Catechism of the Catholic Church to build on topics featured in the series. The “Questions for Application” help you reflect on how Bishop Barron’s message is relevant to your own life and experiences.
The study guide commentary and questions were written by Catholic author Carl Olson under the guidance and approval of Bishop Robert Barron.
For more information and for supplementary materials to facilitate a study group, please visit CatholicismSeries.com.