The message of Christ to the Church of Philadelphia, recounted in the book of Revelation, still has an extraordinary relevance to the Churches of Philadelphia, New York, Chicago, Paris, and Sydney today. The deeply encouraging words of the Lord to the Philadelphia of old are about evangelization, the liturgy, the kingship of Jesus Christ, and the exhilarating struggle against evil. What does Jesus say to the angel of the Church of Philadelphia Pennsylvania today?
To the Church of Philadelphia: Reflections on Revelation 3:7-12
by Bishop Robert BarronNovember 13, 2013
Subscribe to Bishop Barron's YouTube Channel
- Foundations Once Destroyed: The Importance of Principle in “Mansfield Park”
- “Corpus Christi”: A Fake Priest’s Christlike Effect on a Small Town
- Bishop Barron on Praying at the Tomb of St. Paul
- And Suddenly, You’ve Stopped Praying!
- Be Holy
- What Is Synodality?
- How the Life of Faith Can Support Your Mental Health (Part 1)
- ¿Qué es la sinodalidad?
- Centered on Christ: A Spirituality of Evangelization
- In Pursuit of Happiness: An Aristotelian Appreciation of Jane Austen
- Jesus’ Great Challenge: “Show Me Who You Are!”
- Bishop Barron on Spending Time with His Spiritual Father
- LaBeouf and Gottsagan: “The Peanut Butter Falcon” and a God Who Speaks
- Choosing to Keep the Commandments
- “Decision Becomes Identity”: Finding Our Mission within Lent
- The Ratzingerian Constants and the Maintenance of Harmony in the Church