The message of Christ to the Church of Philadelphia, recounted in the book of Revelation, still has an extraordinary relevance to the Churches of Philadelphia, New York, Chicago, Paris, and Sydney today. The deeply encouraging words of the Lord to the Philadelphia of old are about evangelization, the liturgy, the kingship of Jesus Christ, and the exhilarating struggle against evil. What does Jesus say to the angel of the Church of Philadelphia Pennsylvania today?
To the Church of Philadelphia: Reflections on Revelation 3:7-12
by Bishop Robert BarronNovember 13, 2013
Subscribe to Bishop Barron's YouTube Channel
- The All-New Issue of the Evangelization & Culture Journal!
- To Jesus Through Mary? Why Yes, and T’was Ever Thus!
- The Messiah’s Work
- Richard Dawkins’ Philosophical Offenses: A Review of “Outgrowing God”
- “The Crown” and the Primacy of Grace
- Bishop Barron’s USCCB Talk and the “Dark Knight” Trilogy
- As I Am, Before God: Mr. Rogers’ Living Philosophy
- Bishop Barron on Advent and God’s Holy Mountain
- Happy Thanksgiving from Word on Fire!
- Getting the House in Order
- Prayers and Thoughts
- Scorsese, Marvel, and “Lawrence of Arabia”
- On Duty
- Bishop Barron’s Top 10 Homilies on Christ the King
- A Time to Keep Silence, and a Time to Speak
- “Bishop Barron Presents” with Dr. Arthur Brooks Tomorrow!