Friends, I was delighted to speak to the students at Westmont College about being kingly leaders in the Church. Our basic human problem comes from listening to our own voices, rather than the higher voice of God, who directs us to maintain and support unity within our communities. Those who lead God’s people—Abraham, David, the saints, and we in our own times—must attend faithfully to the word of the Lord, and thereby live out our sacred calling.
Bishop Barron’s Westmont College Chapel Talk
by Bishop Robert BarronOctober 22, 2020
Subscribe to Bishop Barron's YouTube Channel
- Join Bishop Barron for Another Reddit AMA!
- ‘8beats’: 8 Blessings for the Spiritually Hungry of Any Background
- Faith, Reason, and Conspiracy Theories
- The Strangeness of the Resurrection and Why It Matters
- A Faith That Grows Through “PANE”
- God’s Existence and the Beginning of the Universe: Part I
- Should Suffering Shake Our Faith?
- “René Girard, Unlikely Apologist”
- Longing As Reality: Lana Del Rey’s “Chemtrails Over the Country Club”
- Critical Realism: John Polkinghorne and How Science Leads to Religion
- Life in the Church
- As in Eden, God Is Still Calling Us from Our Hideouts
- What I Just Learned From Eighth Grade Religion Class
- Stolen Umbrellas: Fumbling into the Kingdom of God
- On Good Friday: Where has Friendship Gone?
- The Pulse and the Ache of God