All things pass away. Political and religious institutions, the family, bodily health; nothing lasts. Everything dies. So often we seek our fulfillment and salvation in these things. But Christ is telling us not to. He is telling us to seek the one thing that will last: Himself. So long as we cling to Him will our lives be secure. He is the rock of our salvation.
Cycle COrdinary TimeWeek 33
by Bishop Robert BarronNovember 14, 2010
- The All-New Issue of the Evangelization & Culture Journal!
- To Jesus Through Mary? Why Yes, and T’was Ever Thus!
- The Messiah’s Work
- Richard Dawkins’ Philosophical Offenses: A Review of “Outgrowing God”
- “The Crown” and the Primacy of Grace
- Bishop Barron’s USCCB Talk and the “Dark Knight” Trilogy
- As I Am, Before God: Mr. Rogers’ Living Philosophy
- Bishop Barron on Advent and God’s Holy Mountain
- Happy Thanksgiving from Word on Fire!
- Getting the House in Order
- Prayers and Thoughts
- Scorsese, Marvel, and “Lawrence of Arabia”
- On Duty
- Bishop Barron’s Top 10 Homilies on Christ the King
- A Time to Keep Silence, and a Time to Speak
- “Bishop Barron Presents” with Dr. Arthur Brooks Tomorrow!