All things pass away. Political and religious institutions, the family, bodily health; nothing lasts. Everything dies. So often we seek our fulfillment and salvation in these things. But Christ is telling us not to. He is telling us to seek the one thing that will last: Himself. So long as we cling to Him will our lives be secure. He is the rock of our salvation.
Cycle COrdinary TimeWeek 33
by Bishop Robert BarronNovember 14, 2010
- Foundations Once Destroyed: The Importance of Principle in “Mansfield Park”
- “Corpus Christi”: A Fake Priest’s Christlike Effect on a Small Town
- Bishop Barron on Praying at the Tomb of St. Paul
- And Suddenly, You’ve Stopped Praying!
- Be Holy
- What Is Synodality?
- How the Life of Faith Can Support Your Mental Health (Part 1)
- ¿Qué es la sinodalidad?
- Centered on Christ: A Spirituality of Evangelization
- In Pursuit of Happiness: An Aristotelian Appreciation of Jane Austen
- Jesus’ Great Challenge: “Show Me Who You Are!”
- Bishop Barron on Spending Time with His Spiritual Father
- LaBeouf and Gottsagan: “The Peanut Butter Falcon” and a God Who Speaks
- Choosing to Keep the Commandments
- “Decision Becomes Identity”: Finding Our Mission within Lent
- The Ratzingerian Constants and the Maintenance of Harmony in the Church