The first sacrament one can receive in the Church, Baptism, defines our relationship with Christ. In it, we are reborn as part of his Mystical Body and gifted with the grace of God’s love. Baptism lays the foundation for every other sacrament we are to receive and inextricably links us with the Trinity.
Vitae Spiritualis Ianua
FeastsBaptism of the Lord
by Bishop Robert BarronJanuary 12, 2020
- Spending Time with My Spiritual Father
- 5 Prayer Tips from St. Thomas Aquinas
- MicroShifting Our Way Into a Deeper Practice of Prayer
- St. Francis de Sales and Our Battle with Addiction
- John the Baptist, First Victim of the Cancel Culture
- “Dracula”: A Bland Betrayal of Vampire Lore
- In the Land of Zebulon and Naphtali
- Homely Holiness
- Atheism and the Problem of Beauty
- That Sin, Again?
- Why Did Jesus So Often Feel a Need for Secrecy?
- Your Story and Mine: Why Everyone Should Read Classic Literature
- It Is Too Little for You to Be My Servant
- “This Is the Way”: The Mandalorian’s Growth in Charity
- “1917” and Remembering Who We Are
- Here’s What’s Coming in 2020 in the Word on Fire Institute!