God wants nothing more than for us to be fully alive. Sin cramps us, paralyzes us, prevents us from flourishing. Jesus’ whole life and being is God’s “yes” to human beings. So he forgives the sin of the paralytic and then invites him to walk. The glory of God is a human being fully alive.
The Paralysis of Sin
Cycle BOrdinary TimeWeek 7
by Bishop Robert BarronFebruary 23, 2003
- George Bailey, Meet Thomas Merton
- What You Hear and See
- Revelation in Ivory
- Bishop Barron on “The Crown” and the Primacy of Grace
- Boomer Wisdom: A Review of Bruce Springsteen’s “Western Stars”
- Hitler, War, and Why Art Matters
- The All-New Issue of the Evangelization & Culture Journal!
- To Jesus Through Mary? Why Yes, and T’was Ever Thus!
- The Messiah’s Work
- Richard Dawkins’ Philosophical Offenses: A Review of “Outgrowing God”
- “The Crown” and the Primacy of Grace
- Bishop Barron’s USCCB Talk and the “Dark Knight” Trilogy
- As I Am, Before God: Mr. Rogers’ Living Philosophy
- Bishop Barron on Advent and God’s Holy Mountain
- Happy Thanksgiving from Word on Fire!
- Getting the House in Order