God wants nothing more than for us to be fully alive. Sin cramps us, paralyzes us, prevents us from flourishing. Jesus’ whole life and being is God’s “yes” to human beings. So he forgives the sin of the paralytic and then invites him to walk. The glory of God is a human being fully alive.
The Paralysis of Sin
Cycle BOrdinary TimeWeek 7
by Bishop Robert BarronFebruary 23, 2003
- Go Behind the Scenes of the Final Two “Pivotal Players“ with Bishop Barron!
- The Civilization of Love in Sts. Louis and Zelié Martin
- St. Benedict and My Slow, Slow Surrender to Heaven
- Hearing the Voice of God
- Missing the Mockingbird’s Dive
- Reclaiming an Art of Dying for the Twenty-First Century
- Becoming Like Who We Worship
- What We Need to Learn from Peterson (and What His Followers Need to Learn From Us)
- Pier Giorgio Frassati: Party Hats and a Love for the Poor
- Boasting in the Cross
- Love Divine All Loves Excelling
- Ignorance Is Bliss?
- On Reclaiming a Lost Patrimony: “My Father Left Me Ireland”
- Mind, Body, and Philosophy: An Interview with Dr. James Madden
- Indulge Your Faith with Reason; Imbue it in Wonder
- A Hole in The Intellectual Dark Web