This week we enter into the great season of Advent. Our first reading from the prophet Isaiah describes how every nation streams towards God’s holy mountain. As you enter the Advent season, think about this holy mountain. Is the mountain of the Lord higher than every other mountain for you? Do you stream toward it with your whole being?
The Mountain of the Lord
Cycle AAdventWeek 1
by Bishop Robert BarronNovember 27, 2016
- “Fatima”: A Family Moviegoing Experience in Re-release
- “Chronicles of Faith: David”—Introducing Scripture to a New Generation
- How the Films of Terrence Malick Can Teach Christian Meditation
- What Does God Want for Me?
- Think, Think, Think!
- First Impressions: A Former Presbyterian Is “Surprised by Mary”
- “The Chosen,” Season 2: Getting Jesus the God-Man Right
- Christ at the Center: Gerard Manley Hopkins’ “As kingfishers catch fire”
- Louis Marie de Montfort and the Spirituality of “Totus Tuus”
- Becoming a Friend, Healer, and Teacher
- The Hard World and How to Restore Mercy to a Merciless Age
- Kaplan Interview, Part II: “Our Victim Is a Better Victim Than Your Victim”
- St. Joseph: Worker, Teacher, and Icon of Jesus
- Bishop Barron on Should Suffering Shake Our Faith?
- Kaplan Interview, Part I: Girard, Scapegoating, and the Antidote to Annihilation
- Getting St. Peter’s Sermon Right