This week we enter into the great season of Advent. Our first reading from the prophet Isaiah describes how every nation streams towards God’s holy mountain. As you enter the Advent season, think about this holy mountain. Is the mountain of the Lord higher than every other mountain for you? Do you stream toward it with your whole being?
The Mountain of the Lord
Cycle AAdventWeek 1
by Bishop Robert BarronNovember 27, 2016
- Spending Time with My Spiritual Father
- 5 Prayer Tips from St. Thomas Aquinas
- MicroShifting Our Way Into a Deeper Practice of Prayer
- St. Francis de Sales and Our Battle with Addiction
- John the Baptist, First Victim of the Cancel Culture
- “Dracula”: A Bland Betrayal of Vampire Lore
- In the Land of Zebulon and Naphtali
- Homely Holiness
- Atheism and the Problem of Beauty
- That Sin, Again?
- Why Did Jesus So Often Feel a Need for Secrecy?
- Your Story and Mine: Why Everyone Should Read Classic Literature
- It Is Too Little for You to Be My Servant
- “This Is the Way”: The Mandalorian’s Growth in Charity
- “1917” and Remembering Who We Are
- Here’s What’s Coming in 2020 in the Word on Fire Institute!