The scriptures for this Sunday represent a biblical genre called “apocalyptic”, which means “unveiling” or “revelation.” The extraordinary revelation of these particular scriptures is that in the death and resurrection of Jesus, the battle against the fallen powers of heaven and earth has been won and a new age has begun, the age of the Church.
The Last Battle
Cycle BOrdinary TimeWeek 33
by Bishop Robert BarronNovember 15, 2009
- Go Behind the Scenes of the Final Two “Pivotal Players“ with Bishop Barron!
- The Civilization of Love in Sts. Louis and Zelié Martin
- St. Benedict and My Slow, Slow Surrender to Heaven
- Hearing the Voice of God
- Missing the Mockingbird’s Dive
- Reclaiming an Art of Dying for the Twenty-First Century
- Becoming Like Who We Worship
- What We Need to Learn from Peterson (and What His Followers Need to Learn From Us)
- Pier Giorgio Frassati: Party Hats and a Love for the Poor
- Boasting in the Cross
- Love Divine All Loves Excelling
- Ignorance Is Bliss?
- On Reclaiming a Lost Patrimony: “My Father Left Me Ireland”
- Mind, Body, and Philosophy: An Interview with Dr. James Madden
- Indulge Your Faith with Reason; Imbue it in Wonder
- A Hole in The Intellectual Dark Web