The readings for this second Sunday of Lent awaken a sense of wonder, of a world beyond ours, a mystical consciousness. In the first reading with Abraham and in the Gospel account of the Transfiguration, we encounter mountains, darkness, voices, and dazzling light, all of which signal the breakthrough of a higher world.
The Glorified Body
Cycle CLentWeek 2
by Bishop Robert BarronFebruary 21, 2016
- Go Behind the Scenes of the Final Two “Pivotal Players“ with Bishop Barron!
- The Civilization of Love in Sts. Louis and Zelié Martin
- St. Benedict and My Slow, Slow Surrender to Heaven
- Hearing the Voice of God
- Missing the Mockingbird’s Dive
- Reclaiming an Art of Dying for the Twenty-First Century
- Becoming Like Who We Worship
- What We Need to Learn from Peterson (and What His Followers Need to Learn From Us)
- Pier Giorgio Frassati: Party Hats and a Love for the Poor
- Boasting in the Cross
- Love Divine All Loves Excelling
- Ignorance Is Bliss?
- On Reclaiming a Lost Patrimony: “My Father Left Me Ireland”
- Mind, Body, and Philosophy: An Interview with Dr. James Madden
- Indulge Your Faith with Reason; Imbue it in Wonder
- A Hole in The Intellectual Dark Web