In the eyes of the world, the Christian way of being is strange. All Christians are called out of the world and into a new way: Christ’s way. Christians must be very clear about how they are different from the world and confidently proclaim it. They must stop trying to fit into the ways of the world and rather tell the world to conform to Christ. Christ will break down the Gates of Hell and invade all that resist his Love.
The Gates of Hell
Cycle AOrdinary TimeWeek 21
by Bishop Robert BarronAugust 21, 2011
- What Kind of Person Will You Be?
- Why C.S. Lewis’ ”The Abolition of Man” Still Matters: Forming Souls to See Reality
- Acknowledging an Abyss; Finding a Bridge
- The Heroic and Influential Black Soldier-Saint You’ve Never Heard Of
- A Chapter That Changed My Life: J.R.R. Tolkien’s “On Fairy-stories”
- Arguing, But Never Quarreling: The Odd Couple of Scalia and Ginsburg
- The New Pew Findings, Catholic Teens, and the Idol of Success
- The Shocking Truth: It Is Good That You Exist
- It’s Not the End of the World…Is It?
- The Strangeness of God
- Mary: Why We Need Our Lady of Sorrows in 2020
- Tour de France: Evangelization on Two Wheels
- On Christianity, Tolerance, and the Need to “Coexist”
- Why Mark Galli, Former Editor-in-Chief of “Christianity Today,” Decided to Become Catholic
- Lord, Bless That Person I Hate So Much
- Hugging Anger