The Gospel for today raises the famously complex question of the relationship between “religion” and “politics.” Though there is a legitimate distinction between the two, this can never turn into a separation. We should certainly render to Caesar what is Caesar’s, but we must never forget that even Caesar belongs to God.
Render to Caesar
Cycle AOrdinary TimeWeek 29
by Bishop Robert BarronOctober 19, 2008
- Join Bishop Barron for Another Reddit AMA!
- ‘8beats’: 8 Blessings for the Spiritually Hungry of Any Background
- Faith, Reason, and Conspiracy Theories
- The Strangeness of the Resurrection and Why It Matters
- A Faith That Grows Through “PANE”
- God’s Existence and the Beginning of the Universe: Part I
- Should Suffering Shake Our Faith?
- “René Girard, Unlikely Apologist”
- Longing As Reality: Lana Del Rey’s “Chemtrails Over the Country Club”
- Critical Realism: John Polkinghorne and How Science Leads to Religion
- Life in the Church
- As in Eden, God Is Still Calling Us from Our Hideouts
- What I Just Learned From Eighth Grade Religion Class
- Stolen Umbrellas: Fumbling into the Kingdom of God
- On Good Friday: Where has Friendship Gone?
- The Pulse and the Ache of God