Our magnificent first reading is a short passage from the beginning of the twelfth chapter of the book of Genesis. We see that at this point in the creation story jealousy, rivalry, anger, murder, imperialism, arrogance, drunkenness, indeed a wickedness has spread over the entire face of the earth. So what does God do? He sends a rescue operation! The rescue operation is going to come in the form of a people trained to listen again to the voice of the Lord. During this season of Lent we must also become a people trained to listen so as to be rescued by the Resurrection.
Cycle ALentWeek 2
by Bishop Robert BarronMarch 12, 2017
- Satan Recognizes Christ’s Body. Do We?
- Tianna Williams: Leading with Beauty and Trusting in God
- Mr. Manna: In Praise of Demanding Teachers
- Accepting the Most Royal of Invitations: To Suffer
- Stealth Evangelization Through Music and Beauty
- Between Indifferentism and Tribalism
- 5 Ways Saint John Henry Newman Can Help You Through This Year
- On Going through Hell
- “We Lepers”: The Mimetic Saint
- In a World of Miracles, We Can’t Look Away from Ourselves
- On Education: 3 Counsels from My Little Plato
- Isaiah and God’s Holy Mountain
- Four Principles for Catholics during Election Season
- “The Social Dilemma” and the Silent Carthusians
- How Strong is the “STRONGEST Argument Against Catholicism”?
- “Pray”: The Story of Father Patrick Peyton