One of the most unsettling accounts in the Bible, that of Abraham being asked by God to sacrifice his son, ironically shows His goodness and love for us. If we put our faith in God, if we listen to God, if we obey God, we will be rewarded. A few of Jesus’ disciples witnessed it with the Transfiguration, and we too can witness it if we trust in God’s will for us, if we have faith.
Listen to Him
Cycle BLentWeek 2
by Bishop Robert BarronMarch 4, 2012
- “David” and Slaying Giants, Through Grace
- 3 Great Paintings on Christian Freedom, Now in Fort Worth, Texas
- Jesus, Photosynthesis, and Redemption
- The Best and Worst of Religion
- “Urgency, Power, Drama”: Jessica Hooten Wilson on Literature and Redemption
- A Chapter That Changed My Life: “Brideshead Revisted”
- Social Unrest and Doubt: Catalysts of Communication, Conversion
- Behaving Virtuously in the Online Wild West
- Come to the Water!
- “Jurassic Park”: An Unexpected Parable for the Modern Age
- If You Want Faithful Children, Let Them See Your Own Faith—Every Day
- Never Destroying, Forever Mending: The Wisdom of a Wall
- Honesty and Courage: Cornel West and Robert George Speak Out
- The Catechetical Directory and the Ways of Beauty
- Bishop Barron on Canceling Padre Serra
- What Do You Want?