The God of Israel is mysterious and inscrutable and at the same time is totally faithful and loving. Like the children of a loving parent, we might not always be able to understand God’s plan but we can rest assured knowing that He always loves us and will always take care of us.
Inscrutable and Faithful
Cycle AOrdinary TimeWeek 21
by Bishop Robert BarronAugust 24, 2014
- What Kind of Person Will You Be?
- Why C.S. Lewis’ ”The Abolition of Man” Still Matters: Forming Souls to See Reality
- Acknowledging an Abyss; Finding a Bridge
- The Heroic and Influential Black Soldier-Saint You’ve Never Heard Of
- A Chapter That Changed My Life: J.R.R. Tolkien’s “On Fairy-stories”
- Arguing, But Never Quarreling: The Odd Couple of Scalia and Ginsburg
- The New Pew Findings, Catholic Teens, and the Idol of Success
- The Shocking Truth: It Is Good That You Exist
- It’s Not the End of the World…Is It?
- The Strangeness of God
- Mary: Why We Need Our Lady of Sorrows in 2020
- Tour de France: Evangelization on Two Wheels
- On Christianity, Tolerance, and the Need to “Coexist”
- Why Mark Galli, Former Editor-in-Chief of “Christianity Today,” Decided to Become Catholic
- Lord, Bless That Person I Hate So Much
- Hugging Anger