In Mark’s gospel, we see find Jesus exorcising an unclean spirit from a man in the temple, doing so as both the messenger and the message. Jesus unites the divided, purges the false, and fulfills the teachings. He is the authority – the truth – we seek.
He Speaks With Authority
Cycle BOrdinary TimeWeek 4
by Bishop Robert BarronJanuary 29, 2012
- Stretching Out to Great Things: A Commencement Address for the University of St. Thomas
- Chris McCandless, St. Francis of Assisi, and the Allure of the Wild
- How “Godzilla vs. Kong” Tracks with Pope Francis and Laudato Si’
- “Fatima”: A Family Moviegoing Experience in Re-release
- “Chronicles of Faith: David”—Introducing Scripture to a New Generation
- How the Films of Terrence Malick Can Teach Christian Meditation
- What Does God Want for Me?
- Think, Think, Think!
- First Impressions: A Former Presbyterian Is “Surprised by Mary”
- “The Chosen,” Season 2: Getting Jesus the God-Man Right
- Christ at the Center: Gerard Manley Hopkins’ “As kingfishers catch fire”
- Louis Marie de Montfort and the Spirituality of “Totus Tuus”
- Becoming a Friend, Healer, and Teacher
- The Hard World and How to Restore Mercy to a Merciless Age
- Kaplan Interview, Part II: “Our Victim Is a Better Victim Than Your Victim”
- St. Joseph: Worker, Teacher, and Icon of Jesus